Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lunch

Enzo and I were discussing lunch options. He requested a cheese sandwich and I began to prepare it. A few minutes later he caught site of it on the griddle and said "NO! I don't want it warm!"

The boy wanted a non grilled cheese... Just a slice of cheddar between two squishy pieces of bread.

If next time he asks for apricot jam on it I'm afraid I'll have to find a large crate, poke some air holes in it and ship him to my mother where clearly, he'll be more happy. She always believed she was giving us a treat when she served up non-grilled cheese and apricot jam sandwiches.

5 comments:

Barefoot Cassandra said...

One time when I was at your parents home for dinner she made grilled cheese (not raw) with ham and apricot jam. It reminded me of a Monte Cristo.

Insufficiently Candid said...

Yeah, what's the big deal?

Eva said...

I remember the ham cheese and apricot jam sandwiches. I liked those and I think I might have thought something along the lines of "So she's not crazy after all," when I ate it. As a kid I thought the whole institution was nutzo but now my problem is the texture of um melted cheddar in combination with the too squishy nature of store bought bread.

Unknown said...

I loved raw chedder and jam sandwiches and have wondered that my littles are so disinterested!

Unknown said...

I loved raw chedder and jam sandwiches and have wondered that my littles are so disinterested!