Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reassurance

It occurred to me yesterday that my lack of posts will likely, and reasonably be perceived as evidence that I've been swallowed in grief.
Sorry to keep you in the dark.
The honest truth is; we're ok. I'm ok, and I'm not just saying that.

We met Moo moo's family a week ago. She took to them right away. She actually hugged her new mama within minutes of meeting her. She sat on her new Daddy's lap to play with toys. She was happy to see them.
If you know our Moo, you will realize this was something special. She doesn't just take to people like that, but she did with them.
What a blessing it was, truly a tender mercy from The Lord to see how she will fit into their family. I was afraid I'd be left wondering how she would bond with them but I got to witness it.
She was theirs all along, I was just lucky to have her in the mean time.

All of us here are adjusting well. Every time I think about it I marvel at just how well we're doing.
It could have been so different.
I thank my Heavenly Father for the strength and reassurance he blessed me with. I thank all of you for your prayers, your thoughts, and your concern. All of it was felt and appreciated.
I am stronger and braver than I was before.
And I am ok.

9 comments:

Alisa said...

You are a brave one! So thankful that it's going okay. If you let the Father guide you, He will keep you together!

J.B. said...

I am so glad!

Momma Dianna said...

Glad to hear you all are doing well amongst the circumstances. How awesome to feel the miracles working in your life! Hang in there, you are doing great!

-Dianna Henderson

Annie Jarman said...

SO glad to hear that! I've been thinking about you and yours all week.

Unknown said...

What a sweet blessing Maya has been to all of us in our family. Thank you for being her "meanwhile" momma and pop.

Rolayne

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you're really ok, so fun to hang out a bit this summer!

Leilani said...

I've been thinking about you. What a wonderful start you were able to give sweet Maya to what I'm sure will be a wonderful life.

Amy said...

Such a tender mercy. It makes me so happy to read this.

Lizzie said...

Ok Enzo, it's up to you to bring her back into the Family!! We'll give you twenty years or so! :)