Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jingle Bells Batman Smells

I just tried to explain to my five year old why that song is funny.
It was a difficult task and I'm afraid I failed.
When you don't know who Batman is, let alone Robin or the Joker it's hard to get the joke.
You know what she does think is funny?
Last time it was my turn to drive carpool to preschool she heard her brother mention the word "breakfast" as she and her friends were discussing which of them knew better how to sing"Twinkle Twinkle."
Zizza laughed heartily and said to her friends "My little brother just sang 'Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you want for breakfast!"
Her companions thought it was just as hilarious as she did and the rest of the week's journeys were peppered with requests from the three girls for Enz to sing the hilarious number. Enzo was only to happy to oblige. Attention from your big sister and her friends is a priceless commodity.
Soon the song was simplified to "Twinkle twinkle little breakfast" following which the three little girls in the back seat would disintegrate into laughter until one of them recovered herself enough to ask him to sing it again.
Now that's a joke.

No comments: