Monday, January 12, 2009

4 months new


4 months ago today we thought our foster parenting days were over.
4 months ago today we got the phone call saying there was an hours old baby needing a home.
We didn't hesitate to say "yes" even in spite of the fact we'd decided to let our license expire at the year's end and count our lesson learned.
Now we have eleven pounds of four month old, giggling and cooing, wiggling on blankies and getting ready to roll around the house(she rolled once already, tummy to back, 3 days ago) Sometimes she holds her own bottle, and sometimes she falls asleep snuggling that hard plastic thing.
What a blessing to have her, how I pray to keep her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was 20 years ago today, Sgt. Pepper taught a band to play. They've been going in and out of style, but their guarunteed to raise a smile. So let me introduce to you, the act you've known for all these years. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!!!

Ok, had to get that out of my system. She is a sweet, happy, bubbly baby. 4 short months and she has captured my heart (OK, she really did it at like day 2).

Tazia said...

I hope you get to keep her too, she is so cute, I loved holding her on Christmas Eve, she was so light and so darling, I absolutely love her.

lmbrady said...

I'm praying for you too!

Melissa M. said...

She is beautiful!
Just now when I was looking at her picture, Kenzie walked in and said, "Oh, that's the ____'s baby!" (insert your last name).