Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Roast Vegetable Quiche

I was all ready to tell you all about my dinner last night. It was really good, but I think it's going to make a sort of boring post.
I think recipe posts need pretty pictures of yummy food to really be interesting. The pictures of my roast vegetable quiche didn't turn out very pretty.
You know what was pretty? The quiche. The cheese was all toasted brown and the butternut squash made pretty flashes of orange amongst the potatoes with the fluffy eggs filling in the space between.
It was good, and pretty. But the pictures weren't so I won't even tell you how the Mr tossed yukon gold potatoes and butternut squash with olive oil and plenty of rosemary, salt and pepper and roasted them up for dinner on Sunday.
Also, I won't mention how there were some left over and I was sad because they were oh so yummy but don't reheat well. What usually happens in this situation is; I put the unreheatable food in a tupperware and put it in the fridge even though I know I'm never going to eat it because I can't handle throwing it out when it's still yummy. I tell myself that maybe I'll find away to make it good again. After it sits in the fridge a few days and is no longer yummy I throw it out with a twinge of guilt over never having found a way to resurrect it.
The next thing you wont be interested to know is how as I placed the leftover vegetables in the refrigerator I said, "Maybe I can make something with them, since they don't reheat well" and how then The Mr said "They'd be good with eggs" and how I responded, with the light of inspiration shining in my eyes, "Quiche!"
I'll leave out the part about how I made a pie crust, because without pastry it wouldn't be quiche, but a mere casserole. How I sliced the left over potatoes and squash into bite sized pieces and arranged them in the crust before smothering them with 6 beaten eggs and a cup of milk. I'm definitely not going to mention the mozzarella cheese I layered over the top or how I baked it for an hour at 325.
All because my pictures didn't turn out.
In all honesty, the pictures are only a hair worse than what I post here on a regular basis, but the quality of my photos is so low already that I really can't afford to let it get any worse. So forget the quiche folks! I'm not going to tell you anything about it!

2 comments:

Melissa M. said...

You have inspired me to cook dinner tonight, thanks!

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

It sounds delish.. you have no idea how lucky you are to have a hubby that will EAT quiche. I have yet to meet one of those!! I love the post!!! even without a picture