Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh My Ganache!

I hosted my bunko group last evening.
I don't think there is anything more fitting to serve a group of women on the eve of Valentines day than Chocolate fondue.
I had strawberries, blueberries (my personal favorite to dip), kiwi, bananas, pretzels, peanut butter cookies, and disappointingly, a random fruity flavor of gummy hearts. I thought I was buying cinnamon hearts. Gummy cinnamon things are so delectable dipped in chocolate. Turns out I just imagined the package said cinnamon because that's what I wanted.
For the Fondue I whipped up a really simple ganache. Alot of really simple ganache. It is delicious. There are nearly 2 quarts of it in my refrigerator. It seems my friends have not the raging appetite for Chocolate I imagined of them.
I knew going in that 2 quarts was an absurdly large quantity but one quart made me worry that I'd run out and have heaps of fruit with nothing to dip it in. In reality we didn't quite make it through a pint.
so, If you're in the neighborhood, and hankering for a sweet, stop on by! In addition to copious amounts of ganache I have fair portions of all the dipping options left over. Bring a skewer and jump in!

No comments: